Hymn Playing Workshop
This is the basic course which will teach you how to play hymns in four parts with pedals. If you want to learn the basic techniques when you put the soprano and the alto in the right hand, the tenor - in the left hand and the bass part - in the pedals, then this course is for you.
Here you will not use advanced 24 different techniques to play hymns (biciniums, trios, quartets, five-part texture with double pedals, six part hymn playing, putting any part in the pedals etc.
Instead, I will teach you the basic techniques which will empower you to play the hymns in the usual manner with pedals. For those of you who don't have access to pedals - you can play the hymns on manuals only.
More importantly, once you will learn these hymn playing techniques, you can apply the learning procedures that we use in this course to practice your real organ compositions.
I've chosen some of the most beautiful Easter hymns for this course:
1. Alleluia! Jesus Lives!
2. He Is Arisen! Glorious Word!
3. Christ the Lord is Risen Again
4. Christ the Lord is Risen Today; Alleluia!
5. Awake, My Heart With Gladness
6. Christ the Lord is Risen Today
7. Abide With Us, the Day is Waning
8. Where Willt Thou Go Since Night Draws Near
9. He's Risen, He's Risen, Christ Jesus the Lord
10. Jesus Christ is Risen Today, Alleluia!